Jose Mourinho blasts "disgraceful" £50,000 FA fine and stadium ban

Jose Mourinho has lashed out at the FA, labelling his latest punishment 'an absolute disgrace' and claiming he feels lucky not to have been fitted with an electronic tag.


The Chelsea manager was fined £50,000 and handed a suspended one-match stadium ban for stating that referees are 'afraid' to award penalties to his team, following the 3-1 home defeat by Southampton two weeks ago.

Mourinho has been warned that he the suspended ban will be invoked if he brings the game into disrepute again - and the comments at the launch of his book 'Mourinho' may even trigger the punishment.

He said: "I am happy I don't have an electronic tag. I think it's not far from that, but I'm happy I don't have an electronic tag."I also think that £50,000 in the world where we live today is an absolute disgrace. An absolute disgrace. And I also think that the possibility of getting a stadium ban is also something absolutely astonishing."

Mourinho also repeated his earlier suggestions that he is judged by different rules to his bitter rival Arsene Wenger - who had escaped punishment for calling ref Mike Dean 'weak and naïve' after Arsenal has two men sent off in their 2-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge last month.

He said: "More difficult for me to understand is when I compare different people with similar behaviours, with different words or with similar words.

"But the word "afraid" is a punishment, and a hard punishment. But to say the referee was "weak and naive", referring to one of the top referees in this country and in Europe, we can do."

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

BlogoDom